question

michaelbb avatar image
michaelbb asked

C#/UWP: Shared group data for turn-based game

Hi there,

I currently try to built a turn-based game with the use of shared group data.

Player 1 challenges Player 2. If Players 2 accepts the challenge then the game starts.

At that point a groupsharedid will be created. The ID will be created via Client from Player 1 eg "TestID". So now player1 can update the data.

But how could player2 because he does not know the created ID???

Apart from that, I am not able to see the created Group ID in the game Manager for the both Players.

I have to type in the ID to see all the stored data. Is that normal?

It would be great if you could help me.

Many thanks in advance,

Michael

datawindowsgame manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

We don’t suggest to do real-time data update via PlayFab. It’s unsuitable for your need to use shared group data. Maybe you need a custom game server. You can refer to this case Turn based game - Where to start for more info.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

michaelbb avatar image michaelbb commented ·

Hi,

for my game I don't need real-time data updates.

The game should have the following:

- Player 1 makes his turn as long until he makes any mistake, then Player 2 starts.

- I just want to share the progress of both players so that there is no use for real-time updates.

- So I just have a extremely small amount of data, just to show the other player which is the progress of the other player.

And it's always just between two players, never more!

So, how could I achieve that (if not which shared Group data what could work)?

Many thanks,

Michael

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang michaelbb commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.