question

Oswald avatar image
Oswald asked

Real Money purchases on Oculus / Viveport.

Hello! I've recently been trying to get the purchasing of virtual currency with real money working through PlayFab.

I've had success with Steam, and the flow of going through StartPurchase -> PayForPurchase -> ConfirmPurchase works and I'm able to see the player recieve their virtual currency on the PlayFab backend.

The title is also available on Oculus and Viveport. I'm wondering what recommendations you have (if any) on what to do for other platforms such as Oculus or Viveport that don't seem to be supported as a payment platforms. Are there any options for a generic payment platfrom with the PayForPurchase call? Or possibly alternate platforms available for GetPaymentToken?

Sorry if anything is unclear, any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

Player Inventory
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

The generic payment platforms that PlayFab currently supports are Amazon, PayPal and Xsolla. You may navigate to [Game Manager] ->[Add-ons] -> [Monetization] and detailed tutorials are provided in the corresponding pages. I am not familiar with Oculus / Viveport and PlayFab doesn’t provide native integration. Feel free to send a thread on our Feature Requests forum. In addition you may find more dedicated support from Oculus /Viveport related developer community.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.