question

Adnan Aljabi avatar image
Adnan Aljabi asked

Localization on Playfab

heyy there,

I wanted to ask about localization on playfab, we have an app already but we wanna switch to playfab and we have quizzes in different languages and I was wondering if that could be also implemented on Playfab and if possible, how is it supposed to be done?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I believe that the quizzes in different languages need to be maintained separately, which are not related to PlayFab.

PlayFab supports language preferences in player accounts. To view or edit Language preference, you may directly navigate to [Game Manager] -> [Players] -> [select a player] ->[Overview]. You can also set language via Account Management - Set Profile Language. However, viewing this preference is not supported since there is no such API. It is because the language selection is automatically done by the server.

In terms of your requirements, a work around solution is to store different version of quizzes in separate database files and make use of File Management feature of PlayFab. In addition, creating items for each quizzes and store them in different catalog version is also feasible. To update and view Language preference, you can store it in Player Data.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.