question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

How to Equip Items?

Toby Thomson
started a topic on Wed, 28 January 2015 at 2:42 PM

Hi PlayFab,

I have been playing with playfab for a few days now and first thing I would like to say is that the system is amazing and has made development sooo much smoother however I do have one or two issues/queries:

How should I go about setting up an item to be "equip-able"? I can see options for usage amount and usage period but how would I go about making an item jut plain "equip-able"
How do I delete a user as I need to delete my development users (Could I recommend that this functionality is added to the game manager)
How to view info about devices linked to an account, in the game manager
Finally in the game manager the speech bubble that says "create a catalog" only goes away once you have added an item to the catalog which is rather hard to do as the bubble covers the "Add new item button"!

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Update: Thanks to a user report, we've uncovered a bug in the ResetUsers functionality which has caused us to need to deprecate that method. For now, please use DeleteUsers for your testing - it is a simpler method which was developed later on due to specific customer requests, and it has had extensive testing. We'll be re-adding a ResetUsers call later on which will provide for a simple way to reset a user account without deleting it.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Best Answer
Brendan Vanous said on Wed, 28 January 2015 at 6:42 PM

Hi Toby,

Thanks! We're working hard on adding even more to it, so keep an eye on our announcements/blog/newsletters. :)

In answer to your questions:

1. When it comes to game-specific logic like this, you can implement it a number of ways. For example, you could include information as ItemClass, Tags, and CustomData in your Catalog definitions for these items, which provide you with info on what type of items they are, what classes can use them, what their strengths are, etc. Having that information defined at the Catalog level means it applies to all instances of the item, so you could update it at a later date, to adjust your game.

2. We'll be adding the ability to delete user accounts as part of our Sandbox environment in an upcoming update. For now, you can delete all the data on a user account for test purposes using the Admin/ResetUser API call.

3. Once you've selected a user in the Players tab of your title in the Game Manager, you can check their linked account (Facebook, Google, etc.). We'll be adding the linked devices to that page shortly.

4. Thanks, I've submitted that as a bug to our web team. In future, if you see anything in the Game Manager that looks like a bug or you feel could be improved, feel free to use the Feedback button at the top of the page.

Brendan

1 Comment
Brendan Vanous said on Wed, 28 January 2015 at 6:42 PM

Hi Toby,

Thanks! We're working hard on adding even more to it, so keep an eye on our announcements/blog/newsletters. :)

In answer to your questions:

1. When it comes to game-specific logic like this, you can implement it a number of ways. For example, you could include information as ItemClass, Tags, and CustomData in your Catalog definitions for these items, which provide you with info on what type of items they are, what classes can use them, what their strengths are, etc. Having that information defined at the Catalog level means it applies to all instances of the item, so you could update it at a later date, to adjust your game.

2. We'll be adding the ability to delete user accounts as part of our Sandbox environment in an upcoming update. For now, you can delete all the data on a user account for test purposes using the Admin/ResetUser API call.

3. Once you've selected a user in the Players tab of your title in the Game Manager, you can check their linked account (Facebook, Google, etc.). We'll be adding the linked devices to that page shortly.

4. Thanks, I've submitted that as a bug to our web team. In future, if you see anything in the Game Manager that looks like a bug or you feel could be improved, feel free to use the Feedback button at the top of the page.

Brendan

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.