question

Ian Underwood avatar image
Ian Underwood asked

403 Forbidden Error when using CLI,403: Forbidden error when using migrate CLI

Hi, I'm trying to use the CLI tool to migrate all data from one title to another. However, whenever the tool attempts to upload a .zip file in the File Management CDN, it fails due to a 403 Forbidden error. Other file types, such as .json, work without issue.

What can be done so that I can upload all file types, and fully migrate between the titles?

I am trying to migrate from TitleID 111 to TitleID 8BFEF.

If PlayFab can do the migration themselves, which I believe I saw in a recent forum post, that would be an acceptable solution too.

Note:

I had to modify the CLI code to get it to download and upload files in a folder structure properly. I don't think my changes would cause the issue, but here's my changes just in case:

At PlayFabMigrateTitlePackage.cs, line 383:

ContentInfo dataToDownload = _cdnData.popData();
string downloadDirectory = path + "\\" + dataToDownload.Key.Replace("/", "\\");
downloadDirectory = downloadDirectory.Substring(0, downloadDirectory.LastIndexOf("\\"));

if (!Directory.Exists(downloadDirectory))
{
	Directory.CreateDirectory(downloadDirectory);
}

PlayFabService.DownloadFile(_commandArgs.FromTitleId, downloadDirectory, dataToDownload, (success, filePath, data) =>
{
<rest of code base as before>

Hi, I'm trying to use the CLI tool to migrate from one TitleID to another. However, when the tool attempts to upload any .zip file from the File Management CDN, it returns a 403 Forbidden error. Other files, such as .json, upload without issues.

How can I fix this issue, so that I can fully migrate the title?

I'm trying to migrate all data from TitleID 111 to TitleID 8BFEF.

If PlayFab can do the migration themselves, which I believe I saw referenced in a recent post, that'd be an acceptable solution too.

Note:

I had to modify the CLI tool so that it would properly upload file structures. I don't think this is tied to the error, but I thought I'd include it in case it did. In the PlayFabPowerTools, I made the following change:

In PlayFabMigrateTitlePackage.cs, line 383:

ContentInfo dataToDownload = _cdnData.popData();
string downloadDirectory = path + "\\" + dataToDownload.Key.Replace("/", "\\");
downloadDirectory = downloadDirectory.Substring(0, downloadDirectory.LastIndexOf("\\"));

if (!Directory.Exists(downloadDirectory))
{
	Directory.CreateDirectory(downloadDirectory);
}

PlayFabService.DownloadFile(_commandArgs.FromTitleId, downloadDirectory, dataToDownload, (success, filePath, data) =>
{

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ian Underwood avatar image Ian Underwood commented ·

Sorry, I don't know why it double posted the question.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ian Underwood avatar image Ian Underwood commented ·

Additional note: I've since discovered it also returns a 403 Forbidden error when trying to download a .jpg file.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

So far it is hard to diagnose. Could you provide any fiddler trace so that we can look into it?

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.