question

Taras Lazoriv avatar image
Taras Lazoriv asked

Playfab Lobby service

Hi all!

I want to know if the playfab contains a game lobby and how to use it.

For example, I load the build and it deploys on the game servers.

I have 10 game server instances. Each of my instances is able to create inside, a certain number of the game "rooms" .

For example, game server # 7 - contains 3 open game "rooms", and instance number 8 - 2 open "rooms". I need to get a list of all open "rooms". Ideally,

I want to get an ip, a port - a gaming instance (to which I will connect) and a room identifier.

How to do it now (wrong way)

I request a list of all servers of the desired build using the restore request - ListMultiplayerServers

I translate all servers to the Active state using - RequestMultiplayerServer

Next, I get a list of all the rooms on all game servers (instances).I go to each server, get a list of all the game "rooms", with the help of server-side logic.

If, as a result, there are no free rooms, I create a room on any of the servers using the server-side logic.

A player can get a list of all the game rooms and join, to anyone.

How I want it to be 1 game server instance is created

I send a request to playfab to receive all game "rooms", on all instances of game servers (when it is first accessed, it returns an empty array)

I can create a game "room", playfab itself decides on which of the instances of the game servers (by load/availability) to create it

According to the identifier of the game "room", I want to get an ip and server port.

A player can get a list of all the game rooms and join, to anyone.

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Currently PlayFab doesn’t support this feature. Please keep track of the updates on our Blog website. It will also be appreciated to add a Feature Request in the forum.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

daniel-7 avatar image daniel-7 commented ·

Hey, is there any update to this, im trying to do pretty much the same thing.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.