question

kennyroy avatar image
kennyroy asked

Typical to set PlayerData on creation in game or via CloudScript?

Is it typical workflow to set the player custom Data in the game when a player is created? Or is that a typical CloudScript function?

I am still just learning PF, and I am at the point I want the player to customize an avatar. I thought that setting a few keys and values on one player in PF dashboard would create permanent, title-wide keys and default values on all players, sort of like the way statistics creation works in the dashboard. It seems that a player needs to set their own default custom Data when they are created. So, my question is, is that something that is typically done via cloudscript?

Player DataCloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
v-humcin avatar image
v-humcin answered

Setting the default values can be done either way, however setting them via Cloud Script is generally the better way to ensure that the default values are being set quickly and correctly. The best way to accomplish this is to set a "Rule" in the "Automation" tab to execute a Cloud Script function that will set the default data whenever the "player_added_title" event triggers.

playeradded.png (49.8 KiB)
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kennyroy avatar image kennyroy commented ·

That's perfect, thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.