question

joshsagarold avatar image
joshsagarold Deactivated asked

Getting playfabid through cloudscript via displayname

Am I able to get a PlayFabId in Cloudscript by a Display name? For instance I want to use a referral system but I want the referral code to be the players displayname, not their PlayFabId as it's easier to customize etc.

Player DataCloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

No, It is not supported natively by PlayFab as the identity usually should be Player Master/Title/Character ID.

What you expose to the players and use in the backend can be different. Player can only see the DisplayName in the game, but when doing a referral action, an identity is retrieved in the backend and used when executing Cloud Script.

In addition, you are free to send a thread on our Feature Requests forum so that votes from other players may help with the priority.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.