question

Kim Strasser avatar image
Kim Strasser asked

Login with DeviceID or LoginWithPlayFab?

I want to find out in my game code if a player uses LoginWithIOSDeviceID/LoginWithAndroidDeviceID or LoginWithPlayFab. If the player uses LoginWithIOSDeviceID/LoginWithAndroidDeviceID, then I want to ask him if he wants to create a recoverable login mechanism like LoginWithPlayFab. If the player already uses LoginWithPlayFab, then I don't need to ask him.

How can I find out if the player uses LoginWithIOSDeviceID/LoginWithAndroidDeviceID or LoginWithPlayFab?

Authentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

This is something controlled by your own code. For example, you may have two methods, MethodA and MethodB.

In MethodA, you can call LoginWithIOSDeviceID/LoginWithAndroidDeviceID to perform anonymous login. When finished, you can then display some guides to ask the player if he wants to create a recoverable login mechanism like LoginWithPlayFab.

And in MethodB, you can use LoginWithPlayFab. When finished, there is no need to ask, you can just load the game scene for the player.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.