question

Travis Pettry avatar image
Travis Pettry asked

PlayFab Access Token

Hi All,

Is there a Access Token for a PlayFab account? I am intergrating GetSocial with my game and would like to be able to authenicate my player with GetSocial via some access token.

Thank you,

Travis Pettry

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I am not familiar with GetSocial but from the PlayFab side, it is true that after a player has logged in, a session ticket will be returned in the callback result which will last approximately 24 hours. The session ticket will be invalid either the expiration time is exceeded or the same player account is logged in again, which also means a new session ticket has been generated.

As you see in the attached screenshot, I am using Postman:

There are actually 2 types of Access Token, which are Session Ticket and Entity Token. Session Ticket is for APIs that need X-Authorization property in the HTTP header, for example Client API Update User Data (most of the Client API calls will need a Session Ticket). Entity Token is for entity related API calls.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.