question

Canberk Soner avatar image
Canberk Soner asked

Format warning when setting entity object

Hello,

When I try to set an entity object to, lets say, a number instead of a json object, the dashboard shows the following warning:

Warning: some entity data is unstructuredIf you enter data that is unstructured (not a valid JSON object), it will not be available for searching and segmentation.

What's the searching and segmentation in this context? I've checked the segments part in dashboard but haven't seen anything related to entity objects.

entities
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
jital avatar image
jital answered

Greetings,

Entity object should be valid JSON in order to be of use, but this warning means that the Player you are attaching this object to will not show up in searches or segments based on that object. PlayFab allows you to search\segment Players based off of many properties. If you create an object on this Player that is not valid JSON, this specific object will be not be a property that can be used for filtering. Either via searching or segmenting.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Canberk Soner avatar image Canberk Soner commented ·

Hi jital,

Thanks for the answer. I've understood that part but it is not clear to me how I can utilize entity objects to search/segment players.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.