question

Cedric Neukirchen avatar image
Cedric Neukirchen asked

Unreal Engine 4 + Linux + XboxOne

Hello everyone,

up until recently, we were using PlayFab on our UE4 Windows build, utilizing the PlayFab Plugin found on the UE4 Marketplace.

Now we are trying to get a headless Server running on Linux, however the Plugin seems to not support Linux. This results in the Client (for now we just want to have a Client running on Linux to test) crashing right on start up cause it can't find Blueprint Structs that are exposed by the PlayFab plugin.

So how do I get this Plugin running with Linux? And if I can't, am I forced to move all the PlayFab code to C++ and use a macro to filter it (#if !WITH_SERVER)? Is Linux only Supported on the Server SDK C++ that you provide and not in a Plugin format?

Cheers,
Cedric

EDIT: We are also aiming for releasing the Client (not the Server) on Xbox One.
Is this supported by PlayFab or rather by the UE4 Marketplace Plugin?

unreal
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
jital avatar image
jital answered

Greetings,

The PlayFab Unreal plugin doesnt support Linux. The PlayFab SDKs for Linux are the cross platform C++ SDK for Linux and the GSDK for Java which can run on Linux.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Cedric Neukirchen avatar image Cedric Neukirchen commented ·

Thanks for the quick answer, haven't gotten a notifiction via email on this one...

So to get this straight:

1. Remove Blueprint Code/Variables/Types
2. Remove Unreal Plugin
3. Add C++ Cross Platform SDK for Windows, XboxOne and Linux
4. Recreate the BP code in C++ via the new SDK

And if we ever need PS4/NintendoSwitch we have to look into the SDK Generator to make the SDK work for that? I assume the code for all 3 platforms is the same, just not the way to set the SDK up.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.