question

yizhoupan avatar image
yizhoupan asked

Multiple cloudscript functions have "Temporary storage issue".

Hi,

In out live title(8EC, which is used by our current released game), we notice that there are some "503 Service Unavailable.Temporary storage issue, please retry reques" in different cloudscript functions.I use the filter "temporary storage issue" to search for error logs and can see around 30 records since May 27. The errors happen on different server API, mostly "GrantItemToUser" and "ModifyItemUses", "UpdateUserReadOnlyData", and "UpdateUserInternalData".

I have read other threads with "Temporary storage issue" but I think their issues are different from ours. We know about the Playfab limits and have used a lot of tricks to avoid updating data or granting item too frequently.

Please take a look at this issue.

Thanks,

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

This issue should be transient and possibly it can be cause by too many API calls like GrantItemsToUser, try to reduce the quantity of API calls meanwhile you can add all items in one API request. However, please be aware that if you are using Cloud Script to grant items, too many items in one request may exceed the execution time limit. So my suggestion here is directly modify its remaining uses if there are many duplicate items.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

yizhoupan avatar image yizhoupan commented ·

Thanks for your reply. We are already using the solution you mentioned that relies on modifying item remaining uses to grant large amount of items. I think our main issue is too many API calls. I have some questions:

• Does "too many API calls" mean too man calls of the same type of API? Like too many GrantItemToUser?
  • Is "too many API calls" for the calls from one user or all users on that title?
  • Do you have a quantitative explanation for "too many" like other limits?
  • If the issue appears( as you mentioned is transient), will it affect all users at that period, or just one user?

Thanks,

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ yizhoupan commented ·

You may navigate to [Game Manager] ->[Settings] -> [Limits] and look for Cloud Script related entries. For Essential Tier users, the total execution time is 4.5 seconds and when you execute Cloud Script functions for one time,15 APIs can be called at most.

>>will it affect all users at that period, or just one user?

I think it will only affect one user. If this issue constantly occurred, please let us know.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.