question

lingzhuzhang2020 avatar image
lingzhuzhang2020 asked

Player can purchase expensive items for free

We are aware of this because a nice player report it to us. Basicly, we use Unity 5.6 and there is an "purchase" button which is implemented by PlayFabClientAPI.PurchaseItem(). It works fine, will leave playerstream like

player_virtual_currency_balance_changed
GM: from 193 to 133
Order ID: A4BBA721DF389638
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

lingzhuzhang2020 avatar image lingzhuzhang2020 commented ·

Sorry I accidently submitted. Will ask question in comment.

In our live title 8EC, we can find this player 1A97C698F0317DA2. search his eventhistory by

search * | where Timestamp between (datetime(2019-05-30T04:00:00)..datetime(2019-05-30T04:10:00))

he continuously added an item but with only one purchase history, and spend only 1 item's worth virtualcurrency.

In his description, he press the "purchase" button, which should invoke the PlayFabClientAPI.PurchaseItem(). Then he saw error message pops out. He ignore it, and keep purchasing, and the error message keeps poping out.

We've checked our implementation, there seems nothing wrong. I also tried purchasing item with price = 0 or virtualcurrency = "", but it will always be rejected.

0 Likes 0 ·
lingzhuzhang2020 avatar image lingzhuzhang2020 commented ·

This may be a bug or temporary service down? Hope you can also be aware of this. (This player also encountered "Temporary storage issue" which we asked in another thread. )

0 Likes 0 ·
franklinchen avatar image franklinchen lingzhuzhang2020 commented ·

Hi @lingzhuzhang2020 We are investigating this purchasing issue, will update here if have any progress

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Sorry for the late reply. I suspect the additional items are being rewarded via a Cloud Script call to GrantItemsToUser. There's a large amont of cloud script activity during the time in question and I see GrantItem calls in their cloud script, which also means that you may need to double check the algorithm of your Cloud Script function. Is there any possibility that something triggers repeated granting action?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.