question

eswitzer07 avatar image
eswitzer07 asked

Uploading Catalog Json Invalid - Downloaded from Playfab

Trying to transfer one of our catalogs from title "F588" to title "1445E" - I downloaded our catalog (attached) and tried uploading it to that catalog. It responds with "InvalidItemProperties".

Is there something wrong with my Json? I've ran it through json verification tools and it seems to check out. It is directly downloaded through playfab. Am I doing something wrong here?

I changed the format from .json to .txt to allow it through the uploader.

perk-title-data.txt

perk-title-data.txt (41.0 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Have you uploaded the currency setting before restoring the catalog configuration? Please double check that. Let me know if this is the reason. Otherwise, you need to use Restful API tool(like PostMan) to see the detailed error messages.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

eswitzer07 avatar image eswitzer07 commented ·

Nevermind :)

Currency was not defined, and my items had currency set. Hopefully this helps someone else!

0 Likes 0 ·
namar avatar image namar commented ·

This fixed it. Please update the error message to say something like "set currency first" instead of "InvalidItemProperties". This would be very helpful as I was about to copy everything manually.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.