question

ALTER Florent avatar image
ALTER Florent asked

What is the size limit of the WriteEvents method ?

According to documentation ( https://api.playfab.com/documentation/events/method/WriteEvents )

The function WriteEvents can send the error code OverLimit 1214.

But what is exactly this limit and where can I find it ?

Is it the limit of the number of events I can send at once ?

Is it the limit of the final json message size ?

Is it the limit for each event ( like the PlayStream event body size when using WritePlayerEvent ) ?

If so is the limit is limited to the JSON payload only or is it for the whole JSON event ?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
v-humcin avatar image
v-humcin answered

The OverLimit error can occur anytime you go over one of the limits found in the "Limits" tab of the Settings in the game manager. In the case of the WriteEvents method, one way this error can occur is if you have a payload with a size greater than "1024 bytes".

If you want to send multiple events in one call, each can have a payload of 1024 bytes, however there is a separate limit titled "EntityEventsPer15Seconds" that will return an error if you try to generate more than 25 events within 15 seconds. This limit is normally viewable within the "Limits" tab of the game manager, however it is currently displaying as "ResourceDisplayName" I have filed a request to fix this display name, sorry for any confusion this may cause.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.