question

joshsagarold avatar image
joshsagarold Deactivated asked

Tournament

In my Unity app, i have a tournament which runs for 24 hours. Upon the ending of 24 hours I would like to run a system to calculate the winners. (Which I have), however how do you run that system just once and then save the information to some sort of backend which we can access later?

I can do that on the client side, but then that would only happen if they open the app and then it would happen for each individual user.

We want to implement simple tournament system to our game, and here are the requirements for that tournament:

• There is 24-hour period when players can enter the tournament
  • After joining the players have 24 hours to improve their score
  • After the tournament ends we reward players depended on their rank

How is that sort of thing handled?

Thanks

Custom Game Serversgame manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Hernando avatar image
Hernando answered

According to your description, PlayFab's Prize Table feature can meet your needs. I'm not sure if you already know about it, but it's very likely to help.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

joshsagarold avatar image joshsagarold commented ·

@Hernando, this would work, but in the leaderboard when users have the same 'score' or 'value', it doesn't set their rank to the same. For instance 3 users with a score of 100 are rank 0,1,2, not 0,0,0. Anyway to change this?

0 Likes 0 ·
joshsagarold avatar image joshsagarold joshsagarold commented ·

Or is there a way to get all entries from the leaderboard into the game, not just 100?

0 Likes 0 ·
Hernando avatar image Hernando joshsagarold commented ·

You can set the Properties StartPosition to 101 when you call the GetLeaderboard API, which gives you the ranks of users after 100.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.