question

joshsagarold avatar image
joshsagarold Deactivated asked

Storing a text file

How can I store a textfile that can be downloaded and uploaded to via Unity.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hernando avatar image
Hernando answered

Could you please talk about your needs in detail? Would you like players to upload and share files with others? If so, the UGC feature we have in private preview may be what you need. If you are Pro or Enterprise Tier, feel free to open a ticket with us so that you can access the preview. But if the file is only available to the player himself, Entity File would be a good choice, we provide very detailed tutorial on it: https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/entities/getting-started-entities

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

joshsagarold avatar image joshsagarold commented ·

I'm looking to add a tournament to my app, where:

• Tournament runs for 24 hours
  • Players can keep playing and store just their highest score
  • When the tournament ends, I want to tell the player where they ranked out of all players that entered.

Players will be competing in a simple game with themselves on their mobile device, but the leaderboard will be global (worldwide).

Where can I store the players scores during the tournament and access them once it's over?

0 Likes 0 ·
joshsagarold avatar image joshsagarold joshsagarold commented ·

I know the leaderboard feature could possibly do this, however it limits it to 100 when retrieving the scores.

0 Likes 0 ·
joshsagarold avatar image
joshsagarold Deactivated answered

I'm looking to add a tournament to my app, where:

• Tournament runs for 24 hours
  • Players can keep playing and store just their highest score
  • When the tournament ends, I want to tell the player where they ranked out of all players that entered.

Players will be competing in a simple game with themselves on their mobile device, but the leaderboard will be global (worldwide).

Where can I store the players scores during the tournament and access them once it's over?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.