question

Travis Pettry avatar image
Travis Pettry asked

Cloud Script Debuggin

Hi All,

Does anyone have pro tips on how to debug cloud script? I have been searching for some kind of way to step into cloud scripts but I cannot seem to find a way to do it.

Thank you,

Travis

CloudScript
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jital avatar image jital ♦ commented ·

Greetings,

To be clear, are you referring to the ability pause execution of a Cloudscript and step through it, while viewing the values of the variables? Similarly to the tools available in Visual Studio?

0 Likes 0 ·
Travis Pettry avatar image Travis Pettry commented ·

That would be ideal. I would rather not have to do "Console Debugging" by using a bunch of log statements.

0 Likes 0 ·
Travis Pettry avatar image
Travis Pettry answered

According to this article C# cloud code will go into private preview in Q2 2019. I have a confirmation from PlayFab this is still the case. This new way to develop cloud code will allow for debugging in Visual Studio.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

I'm not sure who you spoke with, as I don't see this statement anywhere in our ticketing system, but to be clear: the team is attempting to kick off the private preview in June. Please do not take a hard dependency on that, as : 1) The schedule may change between now and then. If we had a confirmed date, we would be posting it to the blog. 2) We can't support a live title using a preview feature, so we'll need to get through Private Preview (depends upon how quickly we can get substantive feedback on the service, to make any changes needed), then Public Preview (which is when we're validating our monitoring, alerting, and scaling for the feature, so it depends upon how quickly it gets used across a good set of titles).

0 Likes 0 ·
jital avatar image
jital answered

Greetings,

Currently there are no other tools available for debugging Cloudscript as it runs. Aside from logging statements as you mentioned. You can create a feature request, but at this time the specific functionality you are looking for, is not available.

You could debug your Javascript in a debugger locally before uploading, just ensure that the Javascript has access to your title to ensure all the API calls work.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.