question

LUDOVIC RIFFIOD avatar image
LUDOVIC RIFFIOD asked

Server 2.0 Can't connect to unreal dedicated server on port 7777,Server 2.0 Can't connect to unreal dedicated server on port 7777

Hi,

I uploaded few builds into playfab server 2.0 with different opened ports.
In my builds I have a server listening on 7777 port.
I can connect when I try with local debugging tool and with a server on my custom azure vm.
My main assumption is that the port is blocked.
I can see the process on the playfab vm but I can't see port I configure in build settings open.
My second assumption is that I don't try to connect to "real" server ip. How can I find the ip address of the server and not the vm one ?

Thank you for your time and let me know if I can give you any other information.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

Have you tested your unreal dedicated server locally within container? I'd suggest Verifying containerization before uploading new build. And here are some discussions about using unreal dedicated server with Multiplayer Server2.0 which might help you.

For the server ip and port, if your server runs well with Multiplayer Server 2.0, then you would be able to get them from RequestMultiplayerServer or if you've already integrated Matchmaking with PlayFab Multiplayer Servers then from GetMatch method. Although in you server you are listening on 7777 port, but when connecting, you usually won't use this port as Docker will map the port to a port on the Docker host. So please use the IP address and ports returned by PlayFab.

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

In addition, can you please share what you have GamePort set to in your PortMappingsList?

0 Likes 0 ·
LUDOVIC RIFFIOD avatar image LUDOVIC RIFFIOD commented ·

Tank you a lot for your answer !
I was able to connect to my servers thanks to you.

My problem was I did not know the port to use because when I was using New-PFMultiplayerServer in power shell, the answer was containing Ports : {game_port} only and not the number of the port.

Passing by the matchmaking process I was able to find the port I should use was 30000 (and more)

It could be nice to have this port mentioned into the doc or another way to find it !

Thank you again !

0 Likes 0 ·
rahul-1 avatar image rahul-1 LUDOVIC RIFFIOD commented ·

Hi,

I am stuck in the same situation, can you please tell me how exactly you solved this issue
I am setting port 3600 as game port when I am deploying a new build as per the tutorial.

0 Likes 0 ·
LUDOVIC RIFFIOD avatar image LUDOVIC RIFFIOD rahul-1 commented ·

Hi,

How are you deploying your server ? With powershell or the interface online ?

Are you using the matchmaking system ?

Did you try to connect directly with the ip address and the 30000 or 30001 ports ?

Could you try to connect to the created VM and try "docker ps" command in it.

-1 Like -1 ·
Show more comments
LUDOVIC RIFFIOD avatar image
LUDOVIC RIFFIOD answered

Are you successfully connecting without playfab (like locally) ?
Are you using the "MapPath?listen" command for the server ?

Yes, you need to to change the server port from 56001 to 7777 UDP port.

On the client side you need to use the port given by playfab or docker. In your case 30000.

If it still does not work with 7777 UDP port let me know if you have a specific error or just nothing.

3 comments
10 |1200

rahul-1 avatar image rahul-1 commented ·

I can successfully connect local
How do I change the server port from 56001 to 7777 UDP port

0 Likes 0 ·
LUDOVIC RIFFIOD avatar image LUDOVIC RIFFIOD rahul-1 commented ·

When you upload a build

0 Likes 0 ·
rahul-1 avatar image rahul-1 LUDOVIC RIFFIOD commented ·

Hi,

Thanks for the help, my issue is sorted.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.