question

madmojoman avatar image
madmojoman asked

Players Not Visible

When I view players on the Game Manager on PlayFab (Players -> Players screen) there are some not showing up, and no paging options to show some more. But when I recently called the GetAllPlayersInSegment command from server to get a list of players in the "all" segment, I noticed that several missing accounts from that Player screen didn't have a "Display name" although they did have PlayFab Ids. Perhaps the reason why they're not visible is because they are missing their Display Names and the sorting functionality just ignores them? Thought I would ask.

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

I think you may have misunderstood, ‘missing display names’ is not the reason why they're not visible in the Game Manager.

Now the Players tab page in the Game Manager display only a certain amount of data sorted by most recent logins or highest value of date.
Actually just a part of player items will be shown not all. There is no paging options yet. It’s normal.

If you want to check other player items out of what being shown, please search them. Check SEARCH TIPS for more details.

search-tips.png (51.1 KiB)
9 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

madmojoman avatar image madmojoman commented ·

The "list of all searchable fields" links to a PlayerProfile page which has a "please see this tutorial" link, that just reloads the same page and doesn't show a tutorial on how to do the search. The search option isn't natural language, so must use special code phrases in order to do any proper searching. (not user-friendly!) Example: lastLogin:[now-1d TO now] to see the "Players who logged in today". It's nice there are 6 example searches you can click on to see the technical search parameters input automatically into the window. But using those doesn't lead to finding info about players you are looking for very often.

Why isn't there a partial name search available? I have to know the exact names, which means I have to get into custom server or cloudscript and pull all the player data, because you don't show all the players on that screen or paginate it properly.

Then I still cannot seem to pull them up in cases where they have no display name or I'm trying to look them up by their PlayFab id! Can you tell me if there is a fancy code phrase to use in order to search for a player by their id, please?

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang madmojoman commented ·

>>…that just reloads the same page and doesn't show a tutorial on how to do the search

We will inform our team about the documentation issue. And you can refer this Search Techniques.

>> Why isn't there a partial name search available?

It’s available. Both single and multiple wildcard searches are supported. Like the following image.

>> Can you tell me if there is a fancy code phrase to use in order to search for a player by their id, please?

Did you search players with PlayFabId or Player Title account Id? PlayFabId means Player Master account Id. All titles under one publisher will share the same publisher id, if one player is created in one title, by default, we will get the Master account id, we called PlayFabId, the credential is shared between titles under the same studio.

You could pull them up successfully if you used PlayFabId, Player Title account ID surely wouldn’t work.

If you use PlayFabId but still couldn’t get them, please make sure your target players’ accounts haven’t been deleted.

0 Likes 0 ·
madmojoman avatar image madmojoman Sarah Zhang commented ·

Thanks for the extra links. But the images don't show up for me. (Attempted view in Edge, Chrome, & FireFox with same results; no images.) On the Players -> Players view it shows # "total players". When I do a server request for all of the players in my "all" segment it returns a matching count of total players. When I review the "PlayerId" (PlayFabId) for each of those players I also review their "DisplayName" and the ones I cannot pull up have an empty DisplayName field. If the accounts have been deleted, why are they still showing up in that Segment?

Also, how can I verify if they have been deleted? Is there a data field I can use to verify whether it's an active player account or a deleted one? Do I need to remove them from the Segment manually after they have been deleted? I thought this was done automatically, as I don't see other accounts showing up in different segments that have been deleted.

I can use the PlayerId (PlayFabId) to look up several players in the Search bar, I realize now. But the ones missing display names that are still shown in the GetPlayersInSegmentRequest return no account result from that Player -> Players manager screen.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Okay. I'll try to add a Delete Player script somewhere. Since the players are unavailable through the Player system on website, not sure if they'll be accessible as it acts like those player accounts don't exist with all other interactions. I'll let you know if I get errors returned on anything. Because aside from the Segment data return and Player Count number, the player accounts all seem invisible, like they don't exist for me.

0 Likes 0 ·

These players still show up in Segment and are counted among the "Players" shown on website. I setup a custom function on server to go through and request these players be deleted. I submitted the request and received a successful response. But the player count hasn't dropped, and the Segment player count hasn't dropped, and I still cannot see the player accounts on website. I've run the function multiple times and it still seems to have no effect. I can search for my players by their PlayerId on the website and find all other players just fine. But there is no result returned for these PlayerIds still. But they are still counted on the list of player accounts.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.