question

Vasilii Manoilov avatar image
Vasilii Manoilov asked

Get leaderboard with all the local country players

Hello there,

I need to get local leaderboard, based on the country player recently/lastly logged in. The local leaderboard is supposed to contain all the players from the same country. And as the final step i'd like to retrieve the top 100 players from that leaderboard.

How it could be possibly done? Thanks

Leaderboards and Statisticslimits
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Vasilii Manoilov avatar image Vasilii Manoilov commented ·

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
jital avatar image
jital answered

Greetings,

At this time the recommended way to create location based leaderboards is to create a statistic for each country statistic pair you have

Example: If you want a "High Score" leaderboard, you will need to create a statistic for each country, "US_High_Score", "Finland_High_Score", "Japan_High_Score", etc, etc.

Each of these will need to be individual statistics within PlayFab.

This forum post answer explains the process further.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Vasilii Manoilov avatar image Vasilii Manoilov commented ·

Thanks for the reply. I've been thinking the same approach so far. Aint we're limited with 25 leaderboards at once? The problem is there are 195 countries all around the world and i'd love all of them hypothetically to be provided with leaderboard. How we can get with it?

0 Likes 0 ·
jital avatar image jital ♦ Vasilii Manoilov commented ·

While it is possible to increase the leaderboard/statistic limit by upgrading your PlayFab tier, up to 300 with the enterprise tier.

The better method would be to look at the audience for your game. It is highly unlikely that someone from every country will play your game. On top of that are you willing to localize your game for every culture/country?

I would advise that you take a look at your target audience and make leaderboards for those countries and add more country leaderboards as your game grows in players.

0 Likes 0 ·
Vasilii Manoilov avatar image Vasilii Manoilov jital ♦ commented ·

Well, you're absolutely right here. I guess It's clear for me now. Thanks a bunch!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.