question

Android Dev avatar image
Android Dev asked

Unknown new players appearing in the players tab when game is in closed alpha

Making a game for Android and iOS. The game hasn't been configured for iOS as our account has some pending matters that need resolving. The APK has been uploaded to Google Developer Console to the closed alpha track. The developer console shows only 1 active install which is me.

So basically, iOS is completely unconfigured, and Android is configured with testing access for me only.

Even then, somehow the PlayFab Players tab shows 18 players, many of them originating from United States (where I'm not from). Few of them have a display name, some have their stats on the leaderboard.

How is this possible? How do people have access to PlayFab when I'm the only one who can access the app?

Player DataLeaderboards and Statisticsandroid
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Android Dev avatar image Android Dev commented ·

Perhaps I didn't configure something properly?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Theoretically, it is possible that someone inputs the incorrect title when using client APIs. For example, LoginWithCustomID only needs title ID to login in unless you forbid it in API Policy. However, you should not worry about it because anyway all the actions those "strangers" are doing are just like players playing your game and all the available data is restricted by you. So I don't think anyone hacked your PlayFab account.

My suggestion is disallow players to post statistics so that they won't consume your limits, and only provide basic permissions for clients.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Android Dev avatar image Android Dev commented ·

Thanks for the response!
I didn't think of that possibility. Also after further digging, I realized that a few of them were my unsuccessful login attempts.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.