question

Damian Rajamanie avatar image
Damian Rajamanie asked

LoginWithSteam InvalidSteamTicket

Yesterday we opened the flood gates on our game from Early Access to full release, thus got a whole bunch of logins.

I have noticed these big spikes on the dashboard to do with InvalidSteamTicket.

all our users have purchased the game, have a key or are getting a free weekend. The code I have to convert the hex key is correct and has been working correct for the past few months in early access. Whilst this may have always been occurring, it was highly visible yesterday (we've not noticed it before)

Is this something to worry about? I'm not sure if the keys are actually wrong or why we would be getting this, and I'm not sure if our users are not able to login, I haven't heard any complaints yet, but it's hard to correlate. Also, maybe this occurs and then they try again and it's fine... I don't really understand the data shown on the dashboard tbh

Here's my code:

void _loginWithSteam()
{
    	byte[] ticket = new byte[1024];  
	uint ticketLength;

HAuthTicket hTicket = SteamUser.GetAuthSessionTicket(ticket, ticket.Length, out ticketLength);

Array.Resize(ref ticket, (int)ticketLength);
        // Convert bytes to string
        StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder();
        foreach (byte b in ticket)
        {
            sb.AppendFormat("{0:x2}", b);
        }

string hexTicket = sb.ToString();
        var request = new LoginWithSteamRequest { CreateAccount = true, SteamTicket = hexTicket };
        PlayFabClientAPI.LoginWithSteam(request, _onSteamLoginSuccess, _onSteamLoginFailure);
}
apicalls.png (34.5 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

After the discussion with our team, InvalidSteamTicket is reported simply because the ticket is expired and as long as the players are able to get a new one, there should be no problem. I think players are still able to play the games after re-login and that's why there are no complaints so far.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.