question

Cliff Cawley avatar image
Cliff Cawley asked

Increase Limited Edition max count

Is is possible to lift the max item count for limited edition items?

I understand trying to represent scarcity by limiting it to 100 and this feature as a scarcity mechanic is good.

However I'd need a max of 10,000 as it's really up to the game designer to determine the limit of items.

It's a great way to limit items, including those given by chests, but limiting it to 100 makes it mostly useless for me.

Can we raise this limit and soon? I recently upgraded my plan expecting these limits to be lifted but this one seems stuck at 100.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I would firstly suggest you send a thread on our Feature Requests Forum so that other users can vote for it.

Besides, I will discuss this request with our team and will keep this thread updating.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Cliff Cawley avatar image Cliff Cawley commented ·

Sure, I was hoping at first that I was simply missing something easy and you would point me in the right direction. I'll create a thread there but I worry it's going to go into a void and I'll be told it's not high priority enough.

It seems a really simple change on your end.

If it is going to go into the void, then I want to know immediately because in that case it completely changes my ability to use this platform and I will move to something else immediately.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Cliff Cawley commented ·

It's possible to give you a higher limit on that as part of an Enterprise agreement, but we'd want to discuss the specifics of your implementation goals to make sure the solution will work for you. If you want to go that route, please email playfabsales@microsoft.com to work with one of our sales reps.

Extra info: The update to the Commerce service we're working on for later this year has an improved version of Limited Edition items in their backlog. Once we have the new Commerce service live, we'll be looking into the schedule for future items.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.