question

Mark Trumbull avatar image
Mark Trumbull asked

Nintendo Switch (OMAS) and Independent Server

I have been trying and failing to get Nintendo to approve my title while using PlayFab. Please tell me someone from PlayFab can email me or give me a link with all of the details needed to get a tittle approved from Nintendo while using PlayFab.

They want to know things about checking the data size in socket communication. I have no idea how your code works under the hood. How am I supposed to answer these questions? It's seems ridiculous to me that as a middleware provider for Nintendo, that there isn't just a I'm using PlayFab checkbox somewhere and they would know everything that entails.

On a side note, I did the whole middleware setup on Nintendo's site for PlayFab, which was supposed to send you an email. But I haven't received any response or noticed anything different in my PlayFab dashboard. I don't know if that is normal or not.

Thanks,

Mark

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andy avatar image
Andy answered

I'm chasing this down for you, as it's not something that's come up before and I'm not sure why you're getting such pushback.

As to the data size checking, our SDKs are open source, so there's really no secret sauce there. The specifics of how it works will vary by SDK, though. Which one are you using? Also, just to confirm, we allow you to specific your own HTTP transport implementation. You haven't changed that, correct?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mark Trumbull avatar image Mark Trumbull commented ·

I am using the Unity SDK. Here are the two API functions I am using.

PlayFabClientAPI.LoginWithCustomID
PlayFabClientAPI.WritePlayerEvent
0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ Mark Trumbull commented ·

Okay, in Unity, by default, we use .Net HttpWebRequest for http transport. We properly set content-length headers for variable length content and then respect the content-length header on responses from the server. Serialization and deserializaion are done via SimpleJson (https://github.com/facebook-csharp-sdk/simple-json) which, as with all JSON parsers fully support dynamically sized content.

Also, just to confirm, we did receive your middleware approval from Nintendo, there's just not much we need to do with it, as we've already received approval to make our Switch integration APIs fully public.

0 Likes 0 ·
Massimo Frasson avatar image
Massimo Frasson answered

Hi everybody,

I stand with @Mark Trumbull when he says:

They want to know things about checking the data size in socket communication. I have no idea how your code works under the hood. How am I supposed to answer these questions? It's seems ridiculous to me that as a middleware provider for Nintendo, that there isn't just a I'm using PlayFab checkbox somewhere and they would know everything that entails.

Photon solves this by providing a template in Nintendo's forum: https://developer.nintendo.com/group/development/g1kr9vj6/forums/english/-/gts_message_boards/thread/286170631#858556

Is there any chance you will provide anything similar? Alternatively, @Mark Trumbull may you share how you did it?

Thank you,
Massimo

Hi everybody,

I stand with @Mark Trumbull when he says:
> They want to know things about checking the data size in socket communication. I have no idea how your code works under the hood. How am I supposed to answer these questions? It's seems ridiculous to me that as a middleware provider for Nintendo, that there isn't just a I'm using PlayFab checkbox somewhere and they would know everything that entails.

Photon solves this by providing a template in Nintendo's forum: https://developer.nintendo.com/group/development/g1kr9vj6/forums/english/-/gts_message_boards/thread/286170631#858556

Is there any chance you will provide anything similar?

Thank you,
Massimo

1 comment
10 |1200

Massimo Frasson avatar image Massimo Frasson commented ·

Sorry for the duplicated answer. It seems I had troubles with my draft and now I cannot edit the post.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.