question

Christopher deCharms avatar image
Christopher deCharms asked

PlayFab in a ReactNative Mobile App that Already Uses AWS Auth

We are creating a mobile app / game for iOS & Android in ReactNative. We are already using AWS Amplify for user authentication.

Several (related) questions.

1) What PlayFab SDK do we use? Will the JS SDK work in ReactNative?

2) How should we handle auth in this situation (ie after we already have auth done for the user).

3) We're getting ready to ship a beta. Do we need to make sure we have PlayFab auth included to get all of our users into playfab? Will it be just as easy to add the beta users into playfab later on? We won't be using playfab functionality in this beta, but plan to add it later.

4) Is PlayFab's analytics/dashboard going to be way way more awesomer than AWS or goog analytics in this context?

Thanks for your help

sdksanalytics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Marcus Nixon avatar image
Marcus Nixon answered

Hi Christopher,

1. You can use the PlayFab JavaScript SDK for your ReactNative project. Here is a forum post with additional information on that topic.

https://community.playfab.com/questions/17622/do-you-have-a-sdkwrapper-for-react-native.html

2. You would need an additional layer of authentication because each client needs to be authenticated with PlayFab in order to make additional API calls. I have included a link to the multiple methods of authentication available in PlayFab.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/playfab/client/authentication?view=playfab-rest

3. It is ok if you plan on shipping a beta now without PlayFab integration. Before the beta gets shipped, I would definitely recommend becoming familiar with the different ways we have for authentication so that you can establish a foundation about how PlayFab will fit into your project.

4. This sounds more like an opinion question and since I work with PlayFab, my opinion would probably be bias. I also have very little experience with Google Analytics and no experience with AWS analytics, so I'm not sure I can be much help there.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.