question

eric-4 avatar image
eric-4 asked

Setup Controllable Displays for Sale Items,Setting up an Item Sale and Sales Banners

Is there any fields while setting up a store item to setup a discount for an item for a sale, or to flag an item as a special item, or a field where we can identify a sales banner.

for example, if I have an item for 100 coins, can i put a discount price of 50 coins, and in-game it would display the 100 coins strikethrough, and the 50 coin price.

also if this is a special limited time item, more for data tracking purposes to see how many users purchase this item.

and finally if we have several sale banners, i.e. 50% off, Sale, One-Time Only. and if there was a field we would be able to put 50off, then in-game a 50% off Banner would appear on that item.

Or would we just need to utilize the custom data field to set these up?

I have setup items in the store on PlayFab, but I was wondering if there was a field I could set up in order to display a percent discount, flag an item as a special item, and set a tag to display a banner in our game (i.e. if we put a sale tag on an item, in-game it would display the sale banner)

I am not sure if the current setup supports any of these fields or if we had to just use the custom data field.

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Marcus Nixon avatar image
Marcus Nixon answered

Hi Eric,

Just to be clear, the PlayFab stores don't require the usage of real money. They also work with virtual currency. But, neither one of these options seem like they will work for you. For your scenario, it sounds like you are essentially trying to have an item that has a SKU for a name/id, but you also want to be able to link that item to a discounted version of itself with a different SKU for its name/id. Is it just a 1:1 match between the original item and the discounted item? Also, are there only 2 levels to this hierarchy? If so, you may be able use to the custom data key/value in the item. If your ratio isn't 1:1 or if you have more than 2 levels, using this approach could get too complex.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Marcus Nixon avatar image
Marcus Nixon answered

Hi Eric-4,

It sounds like everything you need can be accomplished through the PlayFab store functionality. Take a look at the following documentation and quickstart materials on stores.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/commerce/stores/

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/commerce/stores/quickstart

Let me know if there was a specific question that may still be unanswered.

10 |1200

eric-4 avatar image
eric-4 answered

Hey Marcus,

it doesn't seem like we can use the way that is outlined on those sheets.

currently, we do not use RM currency in PlayFab.

instead, we are using the item sku we are getting from Apple and Google Play to use as the name of our packages.

so when we make a bundle we would use the sku as the Item ID, and fill out the bundles with items.

since if we are linking that sku to the purchase, we wouldnt be able to show a discount, because players would be purchasing that sku, unless there is a way we can target a different sku under the same Item ID.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.