question

Tal Shprung avatar image
Tal Shprung asked

Can automation script from one title query another title?

If so, what is the fastest way to do that?

apissdksTitle Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jital avatar image
jital answered

Hello,

Would you be able to further explain what you are looking to do? This depends on whether or not you're using the automation tools within PlayFab or using an external program, tool, or service to make HTTP requests to PlayFab.

If you're using tools like Cloudscript and internal PlayFab automation tools this will not work but it is possible from an external program or tool. All you would need are the secret keys for the Titles you wish to act upon.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Tal Shprung avatar image Tal Shprung commented ·

Thank you for replying.
I am talking about scripting inside Playfab Automation.

I am trying to find a solution so client can contact 1 Title, but get information stored in 3 other titles at the same time, and not use more time-consuming HTTP calls.

I was thinking about a cloud script function that will contact the others... not using HTTP calls, so it is faster.

Any ideas here?

0 Likes 0 ·
jital avatar image jital ♦ Tal Shprung commented ·

All events that take place on a PlayFab title are done so through HTTP requests.There is no way to avoid this, is there a reason you need to do so?

0 Likes 0 ·
Tal Shprung avatar image Tal Shprung commented ·

My game is actually a platform of several games together. Each has own tittle. And i need access to their data (configuration and such) from the main title. As fast as possible.

0 Likes 0 ·
jital avatar image jital ♦ Tal Shprung commented ·

HTTP requests are the only way to interact with PlayFab as it is a RESTful service.

What you can do is use Cloudscript to read and write Publisher Data that is available between all titles.

So if your other titles put the information you would like shared in Publisher data, then it would be possible for Title 1 to give the client data from Titles X, Y, and Z provided that data is stored on the publisher level.

Here are some links to more information about publisher data and its use:

Using Publisher Data

Using Player Publisher Data

0 Likes 0 ·
Tal Shprung avatar image
Tal Shprung answered

So, after playing with Playfab scripts I managed to run script from one title, that logs to other titles and does any REST command that is available from Playfab SDK.
But I am doing it using HTTP tools, meaning sending rest commands.
fortunately it is all located on same or close servers so it is fairly quick.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.