question

brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image
brandon@uprootstudios.com asked

SSH or RDP into Linux-based Container?

Hi, we're evaluating using Linux-based containers with Thunderhead. Is it possible to either SSH or use something other than the provided RDP credentials to log in remotely?

When attempting to connect via RDP (which I don't think is supported in Linux?), Remote Desktop gives a protocol error. There are a few things we wanted to figure out by logging in to the container remotely, namely: CPU and Memory usage per-instance and the location of the GSDK logs (C:\GameLogs\ on Windows-based containers) so we can include our server engine's logs.

sdksCustom Game Serverswindowsgame manager
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image brandon@uprootstudios.com commented ·

I've been able to deduce that in linux, the GSDK outputs logs to /data/GameLogs/. However, for SSH, I suppose I could enable SSH inside the container and forward the port myself, but would that even be allowed by PlayFab (as it could possibly pose a risk having SSH enabled)?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
ravarna avatar image
ravarna answered

@Brandon Phillips, the RDP creds that you see are actually SSH creds. You can use PUTTY or some other ssh client and put the IP, port (using ssh) along with the username and password. For Windows those are the RDP logins, for linux, the creds are used over ssh.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image brandon@uprootstudios.com commented ·

Ah that makes sense. I probably should have attempted that before making this thread. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.