question

kglassey avatar image
kglassey asked

Is it possible to get the sum value of a player statistic, eg total number of kills for all players

I would like to get the total number of a statistic across all players in the game, such as the combined total number of deaths of all players.

Is this possible? I'm looking at leaderboards and title data, but it appears title data is not meant to be updated in this way. id like to be able to update the value once every 12-24 hrs.

thanks in advance for any help

Player DataTitle DataLeaderboards and Statisticsdata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
v-humcin avatar image
v-humcin answered

As long as you are only using these totals for informational reasons and it's okay if players don't have the most current total immediately, then you would be fine to update title data a few times a day.

However PlayFab does not have any built-in tools for totaling statistics, so you would need to look into creating a custom server or finding a 3rd party service that can add the statistics together and then update title data.

Another service you might be interested in is Azure Cache for Redis which allows for high frequency data manipulation.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kglassey avatar image kglassey commented ·

thanks for that, a custom server is what i did this morning actually, for anybody else - i just load the leaderboard stats, sum them and update title data, its not instant but works for my purposes of a daily stat

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.