question

Muhammad Atif avatar image
Muhammad Atif asked

Can I specify remote config for group of players or with different OS, for example I want to change something for only IPhone users. I am using playfab with unity.

Title Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
jital avatar image
jital answered

Greetings,

You can use Player Segments, by putting your players in certain Segments. You can make a call to GetPlayersInSegement to access the Players in a particular segment and change whichever settings you would like. In order to get the Players on specific OS's in certain Segments, I would suggest adding Players into a specific segment based on how they login.

For Example: If a Player logs in with LoginWithIOSDeviceID then that Player would be added to the iOS segment. Same for LoginWithAndroidDeviceID these Players would be added into the Android segment. This pattern would continue for the other platform specific logins.

Here are some UI examples iosusers.png and androidusers.png

iosusers.png (16.5 KiB)
androidusers.png (17.1 KiB)
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Muhammad Atif avatar image Muhammad Atif commented ·

Thank you for the answer,

I have got your point and it is so far so helpful but I have few questions,

1- I have defined title data for every segment, how do I check the segment in unity and call the title data for respective segment.

2- when is segment action call, I want to call action on every time game start

0 Likes 0 ·
jital avatar image jital ♦ Muhammad Atif commented ·

Glade I could be helpful

1) If you have to have some sort of internal logic as to what Segments match with specific Keys in the TitleData but all you would do is call GetPlayerSegments to see which segment the player is in and then call GetTitleData using the Key whose data corresponds to that segment.

2) The segment action only triggers when a player enters or exits a segment, so while in a segments no actions trigger automatically. This is functionality you will have to implement yourself, if you would like a specific event to occur every time the game starts for players already contained in segments.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.