question

brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image
brandon@uprootstudios.com asked

Client Login failed with error "No Internet Connection" even though internet is fine

Hi, one of our developers is traveling abroad in Japan and when he tries to login to our app using LoginWithIOSDeviceID he receives the error:

PlayFabError(ServiceUnavailable, No Internet Connection, 400 BadRequest) 

However, he can visit Google.com and api.playfab.com fine (and send iMessages too), so the internet connection is stable. For reference, he is on the ISP 'DOCOMO' over LTE. I have an identical build as him, and I can login fine over AT&T LTE and my home Wifi.

apissdks
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jital avatar image jital ♦ commented ·

Hello,

Would you be able to provide some Wireshark logs and your section of code that throws this error?

0 Likes 0 ·
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image brandon@uprootstudios.com jital ♦ commented ·

@jital Since it's an iOS device and this issue only happens over cellular connection, he can't capture any wireshark logs. Here is the code that throws the error:

if (Application.platform == RuntimePlatform.IPhonePlayer) {
            var request = new LoginWithIOSDeviceIDRequest {
                CreateAccount = true,
                DeviceId = deviceID
            };
            PlayFabClientAPI.LoginWithIOSDeviceID(request, OnLoginSuccess, OnLoginFailure);
        }

The actual error is output with

error.ToString());

I can see if he can use his phone as a hotspot and use wireshark on his laptop client, although that might not be feasible.

0 Likes 0 ·
jital avatar image jital ♦ brandon@uprootstudios.com commented ·

Thank you, please do because in order for me to assist you with this issue I will need some information about the packets being sent.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image
brandon@uprootstudios.com answered

@jital Just got an update! He had unintentionally disabled Cellular Data for our app specifically in iOS device settings. This is a bit embarassing lol. Apologies for wasting your time and thanks for helping!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.