question

Talha avatar image
Talha asked

Using master player to change values in all other players.

Hi i want to ask how to go about implementing this scenario.

for example we have 1000 players. Each player has its own id (and an integer status). now I want to create a master player. how to change the status of all players by just changing the properties of the master player?

I am creating a unity game.

unity3dCloudScript
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

If I was understanding correctly, you are talking about the functionality of title data, which is shared resources between all players in a title.

Would you please describe your scenario more specifically?

0 Likes 0 ·
Talha avatar image Talha Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Hi. Sorry. I'll try to explain it clearly now.

for example we have 100 players. I can see these players in playersTab. now what i want to do is to create another player. Ill call this player (which i want to create manually) admin.

Now what i want to implement is that whenever the admin is online, i want to show that in my unity game (e.g Admin is now online etc) across all the 100 players.How do i impelement that?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

PlayFab is a service based on RESTful API which means it is stateless, and that’s why we introduce the new feature PubSub. For more information, you can refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/pubsub/

Be aware that since this feature is currently in Private Preview, it is only available for paid tier.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.