question

Mahnoor Naeem avatar image
Mahnoor Naeem asked

How to persist room properties in photon and playfab using webhooks in playfab's cloudscript?

photonwebhooks
8 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mahnoor Naeem avatar image Mahnoor Naeem commented ·

I have already followed this:

https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-tournaments/photon-unity

Please tell me the procedure where I can get my custom properties back.

0 Likes 0 ·
v-humcin avatar image v-humcin ♦ Mahnoor Naeem commented ·

Hello, to clarify, are you wanting to persist data that is specific to individual players within a room, a specific group of players, or data that is specific to the room itself?

More information about what functionality you are trying to accomplish will be useful in providing the best course of action.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mahnoor Naeem avatar image Mahnoor Naeem v-humcin ♦ commented ·

Hi, Thanks for reaching out.

I want to persist the custom room properties in photon room. the data only related to room. I have configured webhooks and they are being called in playstream events. now i want to persist my data(i.e custom room properties).

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Mahnoor Naeem avatar image Mahnoor Naeem commented ·

yes they are continually running rooms and I need to save those properties like winners of the rooms and numbers used in this room etc.

0 Likes 0 ·
v-humcin avatar image v-humcin ♦ Mahnoor Naeem commented ·

Hello,

I apologize for the delay as I have been familiarizing myself with an updated method of persisting rooms in Photon. You may have seen an older thread that suggested using "Shared Group Data" for persisting rooms which was particularly useful for turn-based games. However, we now have the Groups API which serves the purpose better.

The general idea is that you can add people to groups representing the room and store the game state using Entity Data. I wanted to reach back out to you to see if you have gained any insights on the matter or perhaps even moved forward using the Groups system since your last post and reopen a dialogue to see if this will be an appropriate solution for your game.

I also wanted to mention a recent thread that may help further the discussion in establishing a flow for persisting data using groups. https://community.playfab.com/questions/30710/entities-entity-groups-and-using-them-as-persisten.html

Thank you for your time!

1 Like 1 ·
Mahnoor Naeem avatar image Mahnoor Naeem v-humcin ♦ commented ·

I appreciate your answer. This is really good idea. But problem for me that I have already made use of the groups in my game for something else (clubs for players).

So I cannot mix rooms with clubs. :(

Any other idea on it?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.