question

John avatar image
John asked

Can players upload custom data and share it with others.

I want the players to be able to upload data custom data (json,xml,binary etc.) and share it at will.

1. Is it possible?
  2. Is there a limit?

Thank you for you time!

Player DatadataCustom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Please have a look at this thread, as it goes into much more depth on this topic:

https://community.playfab.com/questions/18913/allow-users-to-upload-files-with-cdn.html

We do have a User Generated Content service in private preview right now., however. That may be more in line with what you're looking for:

https://blog.playfab.com/blog/user-generated-content-private-preview

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

John avatar image John commented ·

Thank you for your quick reply Brendan.

User Generated Content service might be what I need. Let me explain what I want to do:

1. Player 1 selects in-game data. Lets name it "Europe Map".
  2. Player 1 finds Player 2 by his name in his friends list and shares it with him.
  3. Then player 2 gets an notification that Player 1 wants to share "Europe Map" with him and accept or reject it.
  4. Europe map is uploaded and then deleted from Playfab after acceptance or rejection of Player2.

Can I do that with User Generated Content service? Do I need custom code?

Thank you again.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan John commented ·

What's the max size of the content you want to support in this model? The UGC service may be used that way, but if the content is small, you might want to just use Entity Files.

0 Likes 0 ·
John avatar image John brendan commented ·

200 - 1000kb. Is there a timeline for the UGC service?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.