question

757838172 avatar image
757838172 asked

​Questions about character statistics

1)Can I delete the statistics in the current Playfab version (2019 may)?
2)I set a level filed Character Statistics to character (not Player Statistics), How to Create a leaderboard to rank the characters? the Leaderboard seems only work on the player level.
3)The limit of count statistic can create on the character?
I found the value of "Gamemanager/setting/limits/Statistics and Leaderboards/Player statistic" is 300 statistic names.
but I do not understand it's only limit the Leaderboard count or limit the statistic count.
I had created 2 leaderboards and 3 character statistic, the current usage is 2, then I add a statistic to the character, the current usage is still 2.

So I am not sure whether the value of "Gamemanager/setting/limits/Statistics and Leaderboards/Player statistic" will take effect for character statistic count.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hernando avatar image
Hernando answered

>>Can I delete the statistics in the current Playfab version (2019 may)?

It have not updated for now. please keep track on our blog websit on: https://blog.playfab.com/blog and we'll be making sure to call this out in our News updates (click your name in the upper right corner while on the PlayFab Game Manager, then click News) as soon as this is available.

>>I set a level filed Character Statistics to character (not Player Statistics), How to Create a leaderboard to rank the characters? the Leaderboard seems only work on the player level.

Player Statistics and Character Statistics are independent of each other and have different mechanisms. Character Statistics are not list in the Game Manager, but you can receive it by using API GetCharacterLeaderboard. As for how to create character Leaderboard, due to we don't support resetting character statistics at the moment(more information please see: https://community.playfab.com/questions/5117/how-to-implement-a-resetable-characters-leaderboar.html), this means we don't need to create it explicitly, and defining your statistics defines your leaderboard as well. For example, I have nothing Character Statistic in my title, but this time, I call UpdateCharacterStatistics for a character and without defining it, PlayFab will create this statistics and update values on it. If you are confused about Statistics and leaderboards please see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/social/tournaments-leaderboards/using-resettable-statistics-and-leaderboards

>>The limit of count statistic can create on the character?

We're in the process of evaluating the limits so that we can provide to provide specifics on things like Character statistics. For now, please assume that character statistics do count towards the player statistics total.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

757838172 avatar image
757838172 answered

Questions about character Inventory

1)When we use the GrantItemsToUsers API, creating too many will cause errors. Is there a good solution?

1 comment
10 |1200

Hernando avatar image Hernando commented ·

For preventing any database issues, it will take much time when you add too many items to the player inventory in one operation.

So, for performance reasons, I would have to advise not going over about 50 items in one request. And you might want to do split the request into several subsets and add them to player inventory one for each.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.