question

brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image
brandon@uprootstudios.com asked

Matchmaking Cancellation Reason: Internal?

Hi, we are evaluating Matchmaking (Preview) and sometimes have the issue where Matchmaking is cancelled after WaitingForMatch, with the cancellation reason "Internal". Is there more information about why a match would be cancelled or what the "Internal" reason is?

Thanks!

apisunity3dMatchmaking
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

v-humcin avatar image v-humcin ♦ commented ·

About how long is the status of the ticket WaitingForMatch before it's canceled? Also can you expand upon what you mean by "sometimes"? Is it something that is just happening sporadically or is it happening consistently every couple tickets?

I don't have information currently about common causes of "Internal" cancellations, but I am working on finding out, someone else might have more information in the meantime!

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image
brandon@uprootstudios.com answered

The status was WaitingForMatch for roughly 10-20 seconds, although we have solved the issue this time. It turns out it was an error in our matchmaking configuration. Apologies! However, the first time we encountered the issue, it went away after waiting for about 5 minutes and trying again.

My only request is to have more information returned by the API when a match is cancelled (in our case, it was an invalid server Build ID)

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.