question

pdaz avatar image
pdaz asked

Why search in Event History became case sensitive?

I was searching for a player who changed his display name to ban him. I typed in "кrug*" and there was no result. But if I type "КRUG*" I do find him. The search wasn't case sensitive before.

TitleId is 1941

Account Management
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jital avatar image jital ♦ commented ·

Greetings,

From what I can tell testing in my own Title, this is not an issue. I have a player named "BestBoi" and from the screenshot attached, I was able to find the player using an all lowercase search.

searchresults.png

Would you be able to provide any additional details?

0 Likes 0 ·
searchresults.png (28.6 KiB)
pdaz avatar image pdaz jital ♦ commented ·

You are right, there is no problem in players search. I am talking about Event History. Try to change your name and then search in history.

PS. Just found out that it works only for Cyrillic symbols. Latin letter do good.

0 Likes 0 ·
jital avatar image jital ♦ pdaz commented ·

I apologize, based off of your question I made the wrong assumption that you were referring to player search. I apologize for that.

In the event someone in the future has a similar issue, to summarize, the Event History search is case sensitive when Cyrillic symbols are included in the search query. But with the Latin alphabet the Event History behaves as expected.

1 Like 1 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.