question

Christopher Clogg avatar image
Christopher Clogg asked

Multiple users from Turkey unable to login

Hey, I tried to do some searching about this, but most of the discussion was around blocked IPs in Russia. We've had a few players from Turkey with ISP "Superonline" that are unable to login to Playfab... the error being "Unable to complete SSL connection". I got them to check the Playfab API link and Amazon's reachability page, which all work fine. I'm not sure if there's any other good procedures I can offer them or ways to debug, since the error is so vague.

I did have them test using their phones as hotspots though, which worked and implies that the problem is at the network level and not the PC itself.

Thanks.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hernando avatar image
Hernando answered

Currently, core PlayFab service is hosted in AWS US West 2 (Oregon), and for your question, network tools such as Wireshark can help you to check if there is any SSL connection issue between them. So, if you have any users who are familiar with Wireshark, getting a network capture is usually a big help.

Besides, here is a similar thread for you: https://community.playfab.com/questions/19220/causes-for-some-players-getting-playfaberrorservic.html

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lareina avatar image
Lareina answered

Hi Chris,

I also wonder about playfab server for some asia country ...

Based on what i see, their asia server is pretty low and for turkey ... the closest would be either india or France : https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/global-infrastructure/regions/

They plan to have server in UAE, which would help for turkey player ... but no idea when

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.