question

Travis Pettry avatar image
Travis Pettry asked

Buy Currency

Hi All,

I am working on my IAP for my game and I am wondering how a user buys currency with real money. In my game store there are several items that the user can buy with in game currency. However, the user can only get in game currency buy buying it with real money. How do I create a bundle of in game currency?

Thank you,

Travis Pettry

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

v-humcin avatar image
v-humcin answered

On what platforms are you wanting to publish your game? This will affect the payment provider you use and how to specifically implement it. There are a few guides that will give you a better idea of the flow.

We have a robust guide for using Unity IAP with android here: Getting started with PlayFab, Unity IAP, and Android

We also have a guide for no receipt payment processing here: Non-receipt payment processing

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Travis Pettry avatar image Travis Pettry commented ·

Hi @Hunter McIntyre,

I want to deploy my game on IOS and Android.

I was following along in guide this morning and I understand how to buy items (like the golden sword in the tutorial). My question is more targeted towards buying virtual currency with real money. The user in my game uses virtual currency to buy the powerups, the user does not use real money to buy powerups.

How can the user buy virtual currency with real money?

Thank you,

Travis Pettry

0 Likes 0 ·
v-humcin avatar image v-humcin ♦ Travis Pettry commented ·

Creating a bundle that has currency included would be the best way to handle it, the important thing is you would want to make the bundle consumable with a 3 second duration so that it clears itself from the inventory after adding the currency. From there you would just purchase it as you purchase the golden sword. Hope this helps!

2 Likes 2 ·
currencybundle.png (56.4 KiB)
Travis Pettry avatar image Travis Pettry commented ·

Hi @Hunter McIntyre,

Thank you! I didn't notice in the add contents screen that I could switch from items to currency.

-Travis Pettry

0 Likes 0 ·
bbekec avatar image
bbekec answered

Hello, I am having the same issue. Can you please make detailed explanation how to use Bundle to buy Virtual Currency?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.