question

fiercy avatar image
fiercy asked

Matchmaking 2.0 Question How do you set up the server zip folder for Unreal 4 Projects?

Hello,

I am confused on "LocalFilePath"" is the path to the zip file i get that

"MountPath": "C:\\Assets" (For unreal project there are multiple folders nested in side i am not sure what do I do with this one?

"StartGameCommand": "C:\\Assets\\" Same question.

Would appreciate a lot if if someone could point me to better documentation on servers there aren't any examples that I sow in c++ section for reacting to connected players.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fiercy avatar image fiercy commented ·

I would like to clarify that I am asking for getting a local version working with PlayfabMultiplayerLocalAgent

0 Likes 0 ·
fiercy avatar image fiercy commented ·

I made a typo this is Multiplayer 2 Server Question regarding offline debugging not Matchmaking

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
fiercy avatar image
fiercy answered

I am going to save years for someone dealing with the same problem. My issue was fixed by not running the .exe file at the root when I built WindowsServer for unreal 4. My issue was fixed when I made a batch file that cd's into the binaries folder and runs the exe in there. I don't know why you have to do that but after i finally saw the glorious Active message. I suggest you guys add a mention for it somewhere. When testing Unreal 4 server in the container make a batch file that will run exe from the binaries the other way just does not work.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.