question

Kain avatar image
Kain asked

Xbox One Security Token Service certificate update

Hello,

We have recently received an email from ID@Xbox Developer Support about an urgent action that we must take by May 6th, 2019.

It involves configuring a new Certificate in our Cert Store, and the only identifying information in this email is an "old thumbprint" and a "new thumbprint"... neither of which look familiar to the process that Andy walked me through back in January of this year when MS switched from XDP to Partner Center.

I am unsure of how to respond to this request. Do we need to set up an additional certificate with PlayFab in order to comply with Microsoft's request?

Partner Add-ons
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Hi, May I ask what is your Title ID?

0 Likes 0 ·
Kain avatar image Kain Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Sure, it is EC18

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

You should not have to do anything specific to PlayFab for this. The cert that you provided us in the Xbox onboarding process should not change.The mail you received should have included this line:

The signing cert is not a Partner’s token encryption cert. Partners will have a private key for their encryption cert they will NOT have the private key for the signing cert.

If you are running your own services outside of PlayFab that decrypt Xbox tokens, you will need to add the new certificate to the cert store for your service(s). If you're not running any other services (or those services don't authenticate via Xbox tokens) then you shouldn't need to make any changes. You may want to confirm with your ID@Xbox rep just to be on the safe side, though.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kain avatar image Kain commented ·

ah, thank you for the clarification, Andy

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.