question

gabriele avatar image
gabriele asked

How can i migrate my data from a playfab title to another?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

gabriele avatar image gabriele commented ·

hello,

i'm using the Playfab commandline interfece to migrate data from a title in use to a brand new one, although the command get stack on `Updating Catalog on Title: [Destiation-ID]`. do i need to initialize something in the second build to make it work?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

No, you don’t have to but modifying the code a bit will also solve your problem. Since the tool is using asynchronously tasks to uploading data, some of the old data cannot be simply replaced by new one, especially the Catalog.

If you are stuck on uploading catalog, first you should check in [Game Manager] ->[Economy] -> [Catalogs]. Is the new catalog has been created? If so, you have to delete it because uploading the catalog with the same name is not allowed. If it is the only catalog in your title, you can create a new one and set it as primary. By doing this, the previous catalog can be deleted. After that, you can run the script for another try.

You may notice some of the data like Title Data which is a KVP form, that will be simply overwritten by the uploading tool, you can also comment related codes if you have confirmed that the data has been uploaded successfully.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

gabriele avatar image gabriele commented ·

I followed your suggestion but the command still get blocked in the same point. Although everything seems copied well. this is still an issue for us although because we are trying to implement the command into a script that we would like to automatize. do you have any other advice on how to solve this issue?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ gabriele commented ·

I just get a clean version of uploader from our official demo Unicorn Battle: https://github.com/PlayFab/UnicornBattle. I have tested the upload tool and the only warning message is from CDN parts because I haven't configured it. All things work fine so far. It's really hard to know where is the problem since there is no logs or error messages. I suggest you adding some debug codes to monitor the uploading process.

In addition, if you are trying to implement it into your code, modification on codes is necessary because you may use async/await instead of .wait() in case there is thread blocking issue

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.