question

eswitzer07 avatar image
eswitzer07 asked

Proper way to setup rule for "character_inventory_item_added"

Hi,

Trying to setup a rule to call a cloudscript function when the playstream event "character_inventory_item_added" is called.

I've tried the custom event names of:

"title.F588.character_inventory_item_added"
"com.playfab.character_inventory_item_added"
"character_inventory_item_added"

But I cant seem to get any of them to fire off the cloudscript. Is my syntax here just wrong? Any help would be apprechiated.

playstream-event-name-formatting.png

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Hernando avatar image
Hernando answered

First of all, the correct way to specify the Event in your Rule is with "title.F588.character_inventory_item_added".

I guess that you are setting up a Rule that triggers on a non-player event, which isn't supported yet. For now, only the events shown in the [Triggering event] drop-down box has been supported. And so, what you would need to do is post a custom event from the client (call Client.WritePlayerEvent) that you can use to run a Rule against.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.