question

Travis Pettry avatar image
Travis Pettry asked

Database functionality

Hi All,

I am currently switching backend servers to Playfab, so I have a lot of learn about Playfab. In my current backend service I have access to read and write from a database. I have been reading through the docs and I do not see this as a feature. How would I go about creating the following systems?

1) Send a life to a friend. I have seen multiple posts on how to do this via a currency, but is this still the best way to accomplish this task?

2) I have a promotional code system that holds all possible codes and if a player has redeemed a cretin code. Is this type of system possible in Playfab?

Thank you,

Travis Pettry

Hi all,

I am currently switching backend platforms to Playfab, so I have a lot to learn about Playfab. In my current backend system I have database sources that I read and write data from. As far as I can tell this type of functionality does not exist in Playfab. How can I facilitate the following type of functionality in Playfab?

1) Giving a life to a friend. I have seen multiple posts about how to do this via a currency, is using a currency still the best way to accomplish this?

2) I have a promotional code system that stores all possible codes and if the player has already redeemed a cretin code. Is this type of system possible in Playfab?

Thank you,

Travis Pettry

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
v-humcin avatar image
v-humcin answered

1) Using a currency is still a good way to represent lives. Gifting currency to a friend is possible, however the specific implementation can vary depending on your needs. You mentioned seeing multiple posts on the subject, is there a specific one you had in mind that you wanted to verify was still a good way to accomplish this?

2) Playfab has a coupon system that will keep track of whether a coupon code has been redeemed, these can only be redeemed by one player each. Would your system require promotional codes that can be used by every player? You can read more about the coupon system here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/commerce/economy/coupons-and-promotions

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.