question

binarific avatar image
binarific asked

Getting First Purchase Date For Payer

Is there a way to get the date of the first real money purchase for each player of a game programmatically through an API call? I see purchases are listed in the Dashboard for each player, but I have scoured the API docs and found no way to retrieve purchases for a player.

I also thought that maybe I could retrieve the time when a player entered the Payer segment, when their LTV went above 0. But I didn't find any such field when I called GetPlayersInSegment.

If it is not possible with the API, would it be possible with Snowflake integration?

This must be done retroactively.

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Since there is no API that can track down the first purchase date, if you are going to use the time when a player entering a segmentation, you may perform an action when entering, for example, running a Cloud Script function to write the server time into player internal data so that you may retrieve it later.

It is the case that SnowFlake can handle this issue, because SnowFlake is a database which is capable of advanced query. As Brendan has replied in this thread: https://community.playfab.com/questions/13765/how-to-retrieve-history-of-player-login-time-and-v.html, all data in the title can be retrieve so that you can query it for anything you need. Hence you won’t worry about retroactive issue.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.