question

serglit1650 avatar image
serglit1650 asked

How to set up PhotonChat in UE4 C++

I have been using Unreal with playfab and want to integrate PhotonChat. Unfortunately, Photon only supports Unreal C++(no blueprints) and doesn't have a guide for Chat in C++ either. I saw your Photon+Unity tutorial in the documents but no Unreal+Photon guide.

Please share your usage of photon chat and unreal engine together.

It would be great if PlayFab added a similar guide for UE4.

unrealphoton
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

First of all , Photon is a product from Exit Games and it is a solution to multiplayer games. PlayFab is a suite of cloud-based functionality for games including authentication, data systems, purchasing integration, catalog/inventory, and automated live ops. You can use them together and PlayFab provide very good integration but they are different products and serve separately.

Currently we don’t provide any official tutorials for PhotonChat in UE4. I find an official demo on their website: https://www.photonengine.com/sdks#chatunrealengine. However, I believe you can find more help on Photon support community or Unreal official forum because this is already beyond our support scope.

To be honest, I am not sure if there will be this specified documentation on our website but since the quantity of UE developers increases in our community, we have stepped up our work to offer more Unreal related documentation. For now, you can find all the documentation here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/sdks/unreal/quickstart

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.