question

ikivilyov avatar image
ikivilyov asked

Individual catalogs for paid users

Is there a way to setup Catalogs in order to let Player see more items if he is a paid user? Or have access to addition Catalog, other than Main having paid?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Can you describe the issue you're seeing in detail? All queries to get the catalog returns the whole catalog. Your tier of service doesn't change that, so there's nothing preventing the client from being able to show all of that to the player.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ikivilyov avatar image ikivilyov commented ·

I'm building a sims-like game where players have their Room and can place multiple furniture items. All available furniture items are stored in PlayFab Catalog. When Player picks up an item and places it in her Room it got saved in her Inventory with Custom data containing item's coordinates.

The idea was to have free play with say 10 items availble to place in the room, and if Player chooses to pay for additional items she can choose from say +5 more items while free players still can choose only from 10 items. There can be several paid tiers each providing more and more items available to choose and place in the Room.

I was wondering what are the way to have such a setup in PlayFab. For example, have separate catalogs for free and paid users and put users in separate groups so they access catalogs depending on their membership in a group, but this is only my brainstorm now.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan ikivilyov commented ·

No, you should only have one catalog, containing all the items that can be player inventory (whether granted or sold). The store system is what you'll use for subsets of the catalog, and which you can override based on user segmentation. You can read all about how to do that here:

https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-analytics/ab-store

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.