question

Trilok avatar image
Trilok asked

Playfab Client LinkCustomID API no Error but not linking.

Hi we are trying to link all the new users to a unique custom ID form internal database. But Some users are not able to link to this unique ID, in the LinkCustomIDResponse we have no data , and response callback is called not error callback.(ForceLink is true in the request)

I am also able to link the user manually from the portal not from client API.

Is this Playfab bug or are we doing something wrong?

Leaderboards and StatisticsAuthentication
9 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jital avatar image jital ♦ commented ·

Hello,

While calling the same API, I didn't get any data back, but that is the according to the LinkCustomID documentation, the LinkCustomIDResult contains no information.

After you successfully call this API are you saying that the account doesn't display as linked in the GameManager? Just to cover all the bases, are you attempting to link different accounts using the same unique ID?

0 Likes 0 ·
Trilok avatar image Trilok commented ·

@jitalEven if same unique id is being used it should unlink from its previous user and link it to new user, since force link parameter is true.

0 Likes 0 ·
jital avatar image jital ♦ Trilok commented ·

Can you attempt to call the API from Postman? There is a quickstart for Postman available that will walk you through getting set up. Please let me know the results of the Postman test.

0 Likes 0 ·
Trilok avatar image Trilok jital ♦ commented ·

Yup works on postman.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Trilok avatar image Trilok Trilok commented ·

Sorry, still not working on Unity...Only works in post man...

Whole issue is only with few accounts. out of large ammounts of accounts.

0 Likes 0 ·
Trilok avatar image Trilok Trilok commented ·

Behaving very unpredictably, Now it stopped working in post man also ,(Same request)

Sorry for so many reply there is no edit options visible.

0 Likes 0 ·
jital avatar image jital ♦ commented ·

Can you provide any additional information? Such as Fiddler logs, the response in Postman, and the response in Unity.

0 Likes 0 ·
Trilok avatar image Trilok jital ♦ commented ·

{ "code": 200, "status": "OK", "data": {} }

is the response i receive. Almost allways. but some times it links, some times it doesnt.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Trilok avatar image
Trilok answered

Sorry , this whole thing was our logical error. We were some clients where fighting for one user ID. Which was getting un-linked and linked all the time.

The confusing factor I think is, it wont force un-link if user is logged in on other account from which the link is supposed to be broken and relinked.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.